What is Nutrien’s trading symbol?

Where can I find regulatory filings made by Nutrien?

  • For SEC regulatory filings, please refer to the EDGAR Filings page for online versions of filed reports.
  • For Canadian securities regulatory filings, please refer to the SEDAR Filings page for online versions of filed reports.

How can I receive my Nutrien shares?

Registered holders of Agrium shares or PotashCorp shares that have not yet submitted the certificates representing their shares must deposit with the Depositary, currently Computershare, a validly completed and duly signed Letter of Transmittal together with the certificates representing the registered holder’s Agrium shares or PotashCorp shares, as applicable, and such other documents and instruments as the Depositary, may reasonably require in order to receive the Nutrien shares they are entitled to pursuant to the transaction.

Further information can be found by contacting Computershare at:

Toll-Free Inside North America: 1-800-564-6253
Outside North America: 1-514-982-7555

Nutrien Letter of Transmittal

What will happen to my shares?

All shares in both Agrium and PotashCorp were exchanged for shares in Nutrien effective January 1, 2018. Agrium shareholders received 2.23 Nutrien shares for each Agrium share. PotashCorp shareholders received 0.40 Nutrien shares for each PotashCorp share. No fractional shares of Nutrien were issued. Each Agrium shareholder and PotashCorp shareholder that would otherwise have been entitled to receive a fraction of a Nutrien share will receive, in lieu thereof, a cash amount, without interest, determined by reference to the volume weighted average trading price of Nutrien shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange on the first five trading days on which such shares trade on such exchange following January 2, 2018. 

Any certificate formerly representing Agrium shares or PotashCorp shares that is not deposited with all other required documents on or before August 31, 2021 shall cease to represent a claim by or interest of any kind or nature against or in any of Nutrien, Agrium or PotashCorp. In such case and on such date, any and all consideration to which such former holder was entitled shall be deemed to have been surrendered to Nutrien, Agrium or PotashCorp, as applicable.

What are the tax implications of the merger?

Shareholders should consult their tax advisors regarding the tax consequences of the transaction.

Certain Canadian Federal income tax considerations are described starting on page 84 and certain U.S. federal income tax considerations are described starting on page 88 of the Joint Information Circular dated October 3, 2016.

f8937 Agrium Inc. [PDF 288KB]
f8937 Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. [PDF 282KB]


Who is Nutrien’s Transfer Agent and Registrar?

Nutrien’s Transfer Agent and Registrar is Computershare. A Transfer Agent and Registrar maintains a record of all outstanding stock certificates and the names of the persons to whom they are registered. When registered stock certificates change hands, the Transfer Agent facilitates the title transfer of stock ownership from the seller's name to the buyer's name. 

Where can I get more information on my shareholdings in Nutrien?

For information about your current holdings in Nutrien, or previous Agrium or PotashCorp ownership standing and transaction history, either contact your broker or, if you hold your shares in certificate form, register with Computershare's Investor Center – an added service feature provided by our Transfer Agent and Registrar.

Which industry analysts provide coverage of Nutrien?

Visit this page for a complete list of sell-side research analysts who cover Nutrien. Any opinions, estimates, forecasts or predictions regarding Nutrien's performance made by these analysts are theirs alone and do not represent the views of Nutrien or its management. Nutrien does not endorse or concur in any manner with any analysts, information, conclusions or recommendations.