We invest in community initiatives and partnerships that enhance the quality of life in the regions where we operate and that reflect the goals and values of our company. We focus our community investment in four areas:
We support initiatives that improve sustainable agriculture and food security both locally and globally.
We build stronger communities by supporting events and activities that enrich lives.
Health and Safety
We partner with organizations to support health and wellness programs and services that make life better for people in our communities.
We invest in youth education programs focused on sustainable agriculture, environmental stewardship and farm safety. Nutrien supports initiatives that help build and engage our future workforce and enhance our supply chain with a focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
We further evaluate community investment requests based on the following criteria:
- Geographic - We strive to build relationships with community partners that support our operating locales.
- Diversity - We emphasize investments that support the economic and social development of diverse groups.
In Canada, Nutrien supports only CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) Registered Charities and provincially registered non-profit entities.
In the United States, Nutrien supports only those organizations that have a valid 501(c)(3) designation.
The following are ineligible for Community Investment funding, however may be eligible for in-kind support:
- Organizations or projects that conflict with Nutrien’s interests and values
- Political organizations and political parties
- Organizations that discriminate based on ethnic origin, gender, sexuality, colour, language, national or social origin, economic status, religion, political or other conscientiously held beliefs
- Religious organizations (unless they provide support to all members of the public)
- Advocacy groups
- Professional associations
- Private clubs funded through membership fees
- Institutions, like schools or hospitals, seeking funds for operating budgets
- Organizations seeking Nutrien to be their sole funder
- Individuals’ fundraising efforts
- Telephone solicitations
- Film/video productions
- Travel, accommodation and meal expenses for individuals, groups or teams