Please consider this memo as notification that in consideration of the efforts we are undertaking across Nutrien to ensure the safety of our employees and suppliers, effective immediately and until further notice, all Nutrien facilities are restricting site access to Essential Supplier entry only.
At present, essential services are considered as those necessary to safely maintain safe operations, such as MRO supplies, vendor managed inventory, janitorial services, and specific maintenance, operations and project services.
In the event you are asked to attend site for completion of a specific work or supply scope, at a minimum you will be requested to complete a contractor risk assessment upon arrival.
It is important to note that we will continue to accept warehouse deliveries following current schedules, though the delivery drivers are to remain in their vehicle once they’ve arrived at the warehouse, after signing in at site security for further direction regarding our revised safety procedures. In the event there is a need for the driver to exit their vehicle, Nutrien personnel will communicate with them as required to ensure safety protocols are maintained.
Again, please only expect further communication from your Nutrien site representative if your business is identified as a site-specific Essential Supplier, and further coordination is required.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we continue to keep everyone’s safety a top priority.
COVID-19 Accounts Payable Update for Suppliers:
In response to the COVID-19 and guidance from our Federal/State & Provincial Governments and Health Officials, Nutrien’s Accounts Payable teams are working remotely. As a result, we will only be able to perform weekly mail-outs of manual checks until further notice. No emergency checks will be issued at this time.
Nutrien’s priority is the health and safety of our employees and the communities which we operate and serve. The practice of visiting the Nutrien offices weekly to print manual checks assumes that Nutrien employees can continue to come into the physical office and that postal service remains un-interrupted. Should these circumstances change, and we feel that it is no longer safe for employees to visit the office, or mail services are suspended, we will have no option but to temporarily discontinue issuing checks and processing paper invoices submitted to Nutrien. As of March 24, 2020, we are able to continue check printing on an abbreviated schedule and accept paper invoice submissions. Electronic payments will continue per our usual schedules. However, we are actively monitoring this situation and commit to prompt updates should circumstances change.
Nutrien strongly encourages suppliers to transition to electronic payment and invoice submission as soon as possible to avoid delays. Should vendors continue with checks and/or paper invoice submissions, please be advised to anticipate a delay in payment of at least 10 days. Transitioning to electronic payments is a simple process that requires the completion of a setup form. Please be aware of and consider the following:
- Suppliers can expect a lower level of service for receipt of payments via check (~ 5-10 business days from check printing to receipt) compared to electronic options, which deposit funds directly into the desired bank account within 1-2 business days from when the payment is processed.
- New suppliers will be required to receive payments and submit invoices electronically, with few exceptions.
- Existing suppliers can expect to be contacted as part of an ongoing campaign to convert from paper-based payment and invoice submission methods to electronic methods.
- Please Note: Nutrien calls all vendors to confirm their banking over the phone as a fraud control. We are unable to remit an electronic payment prior to the completion of this control, no exceptions. Please respond to these calls so we can update bank remittance information as quickly as possible.
Contact & Support Information
- For Nutrien Retail Suppliers (Nutrien Ag Solutions, Dyna-Gro Seed, OreGro Seeds, Loveland Products Inc., UAP Canada)
- For invoice submission, please scan and email invoices to the following email addresses: (Note - ensure each invoice is a separate PDF document.)
- If you have any questions or concerns please email the Customer Service team at [email protected].
- For Nutrien Corporate & Wholesale Suppliers (Legacy PotashCorp & Legacy Agrium Legal Entities)
Shane Curley, Vice President, Procurement and Joanne Boyes, Vice President, Financial Business Services
(Last modified: March 26, 2020)